Love One Another
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.
-1 John3:23-24 (NASB)
Today as we continued our series “Prove It”, Pastor Brian discussed how we are to sacrificially love God and one another. We discussed what love is not, what love is, and what love does. If we will trust in Him and love one another we prove we are living in fellowship with God.
What love is not…hate for others
- Death = no relationship with God which leads to hate for others
- Life = fellowship with God which leads to love for others
What love is…sacrificially serving others
What love does…assures our heart
- Discuss ways you can grow in loving one another.
- How are you sacrificially serving others?
- What can you do this week to assure you are loving and praying from a place that is pleasing to God?
Pray for God to help you look past the spiritual brokenness of people and love sacrificially. Confess where you have made excuses or treated others badly. Ask God to help you walk in fellowship with Him so that you can in turn, love and serve others. Commit to sacrificially serving others.