At Kiddo Camp, your child will enjoy a wholesome camp experience.
- Creek & Critters
- High Ropes
- Pipeline Slide
- Rock Climbing
- Bible Study
The total cost of Kiddo Camp is $200 per child. This includes lodging, meals, activities, t-shirt and awards. Everything your child should need is included in the fee. Extra money at camp is not needed and should not be brought to camp.
Initial payment can be made online with a debit card ($50 deposit, half payment, full payment.) Subsequent payments with a debit card can be made by calling Carol in the church office at (502) 935-5142 x 232.
We accept cash and check payments as well.
Cash payments MUST be made in person at the Elementary Welcome Center on Sundays or at the church office M-F, 8AM-4PM.
Checks can be mailed to the church office at the following address:
Valley View Church
Attn: Kiddo Camp
8911 3rd Street Road
Louisville KY 40272
Need-based partial scholarships may be available. To request a scholarship, choose the scholarship request option when you register.
- Campers need to arrive at Camp Piomingo by 10AM on Monday.
- Parents are invited to a Camp Closing program at 5PM on Friday. We will share highlights of our week and present awards to the campers. Following the program, parents and campers will gather all items and head for home.
- Any other public access to camp will be emergency only.
ITEMS TO BRING:
- Sleeping bag, or twin sheets and cover
- Pillow and pillow case
- Tennis shoes/water shoes/SOCKS REQUIRED
- Swimsuit (girls, one-piece only)
- Light jacket and raincoat
- Brush or comb
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Soap and shampoo
- Towels and washcloths
- Flashlight and batteries
- Two 30-gallon trashbags
- Insect repellent
- Creek walkin’ shoes – Bring an old pair of shoes that you can secure to wear to go “creeking.” They will be wet!
- Medications needed – all meds, both prescription and over the counter, must be checked in to nurse and medicine form completed by parent when child is dropped off. Inhalers and epipens will be with the child’s counselor at all times.
LABEL ALL ITEMS WITH FIRST AND LAST NAME!
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- No electronics (ipods, tablets, cell phones, DS/DSi/3DS, etc.) Campers are not allowed to use cell phones.
- No halter tops or tube tops are appropriate. Clothing should be modest and in good taste. Shirts should cover tummies and backs.
- No flip-flops except in the shower.
- NO BIBLES NEEDED. SCRIPTURE IS PRINTED IN CAMPERS BOOK DUE TO BIBLES BEING LOST AND DAMAGED.
Click the button below to download required forms for your camper. These forms will also be available at the parent meeting on Sunday, July 30, at 12:15 PM in the Worship Center. Please complete and return all required forms by Sunday, July 30.Parent packet
About Kiddo Camp
Kiddo Camp is part of the Children’s Ministry of Valley View Church. Eddie Lee Brooks, our Children’s Minister, serves as Camp Director. Other church staff serve as well.
Kiddo Camp is staffed by a volunteer team of committed, Christian adults and college and high school students. Background checks are required for each staff member.
A registered nurse is present at Kiddo Camp at all times during the week of camp. He or she will administer all medications and treatments needed by your child. A team of nurses will meet with parents on the morning of camp to go over the medical form for each child.
No Visitors Please
It’s important that each child be fully involved in Kiddo Camp so family visits are not allowed during the week. If any emergency arises with your child, you will be contacted immediately by a camp staff member.
Camp Piomingo is located in Otter Creek Park, . To get to the camp, take Dixie Highway (US 31W) south to Muldraugh and turn right on Highway #1638. The entrance to Otter Creek Park is on the right approximately 3 miles after turning off of Dixie Highway. Once inside Otter Creek Park, follow the Camp Piomingo signs.
Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area (OCORA) monitors all entrances to Camp Piomingo. There is no public access to camp. Certified Camp Piomingo staff conduct/supervise swimming, high ropes, rock climbing, and archery. Kiddo Camp staff are with our campers at all times.