New to Valley View?
Here is a brief summary to help you know what to expect on your first visit. If you still have questions or would like to talk to an actual person, give us a call at (502) 935-5142, Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM, or visit the Connection Corner on Sundays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Great question! Here is a brief summary of our core beliefs. Read a more detailed summary here.
- There is only one living and true God. He is all knowing, all powerful, and everywhere. He reveals himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the historical revelation of God’s activity for humanity, the authority of God to teach, guide, correct, train, and save. It was inspired by the Holy Spirit, is truth without error, and is complete in revealing the will of God.
- Salvation is God reconciling humanity to Himself. The solution to overcoming the death penalty of sin is to acknowledge the need for God, turn from sin, believe that Christ is Savior, and publicly confess Jesus as Lord. There is no other way to mend your relationship with God. Once salvation occurs, it can never be taken away or lost.
We know it can be a little overwhelming to walk through the doors of a church for the first time. We want you to be at home at Valley View.
SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW
- On Campus Life Groups for all ages begin at 9:30 AM
- Our worship service begins at 11 AM
- Our main parking lot/entrance is in the back of the building. We have designated several parking spaces near the main entrance for our first-time guests.
- When you come into the lobby of our main entrance, there will be several greeters who would be glad to answer any questions you might have.
- Our Worship Center is on the second floor. We have an elevator which is located just across from the Fellowship Hall in our downstairs lobby.
- Our front parking lot is dedicated for handicapped parking on Sunday mornings. There is a wheelchair ramp inside the entrance which will lead you directly to the Worship Center concourse. As you come to the Worship Lobby, to the right is our Connection Corner. Greeters will be available to answer any questions and provide assistance.
Nope. We don’t like that either. We want to make you feel at home, not awkward. We would like to get to know you though. To that end, we have placed Connection Cards on the backs of the chairs in the Worship Center. These are a great way for you to tell us more about you and your family. You can place the cards in one of the offering baskets available in the back of the Worship Center or simply bring to the Connection Corner in the Worship Lobby. And of course, our staff will be available in the Worship Lobby following the service as well.
Kids of all ages attend life groups at 9:30 AM. Kids birth-age 4 attend KidZone Jr. during the 11AM service. Kids in Kindergarten-5th grade attend KidZone during the 11AM service. These are fun, age-appropriate, socially distanced kids worship services.
On Sundays our middle and high school students attend life group at 9:30 AM. For life group, middle schoolers meet in the Community Room in the gym and high school students meet in the Attic. Students attend the main worship service along with their parents at 11 AM. They can sit with you or we do have a designated seating area for students to the left of the Worship Center (facing the stage).
Students grade 6-12 attend their own worship service on Wednesday nights at 6:30 PM in the Worship Center.
- Our kids ministry is overseen by Eddie Lee Brooks, Children’s Minister, and staffed by an amazing group of volunteers who love Jesus and love kids.
- Our student ministry is overseen by Colby Flowers, Student Pastor, and staffed by a dedicated, godly team of volunteers.
- Your kids’ safety is our priority. All staff and volunteers undergo background checks.