Our worship bands are vital to the corporate worship experience at Valley View. We encourage opportunities for musical and spiritual growth and for fellowship and community within our bands. Our goal is to help our band members balance their time at church between playing music and being with their families. Therefore, we rotate band members weekly to allow time for both.
What Our Worship Ministry Expects of Band Members?
- To attend on average a minimum of 3 out of 4 rehearsals*
- To be on time and ready to play as often as possible during services assigned to you
- To be supportive of our pastor and somehow involved in the life of Valley View church
- To seek to grow as a worshiper of God and become more like Jesus
What Band Members Can Expect from Our Worship Ministry?
- To be prepared and intentional with leading rehearsals so as not waste anyone’s valuable time
- To lead the band with enthusiasm and excellence
- To support the vision and leadership of our pastor and elders
- To be godly leaders who care for those involved in our worship ministry and seek the Lord’s direction for our ministry
Our main band plays during our Sunday morning services. This is an auditioned group which rehearses bi-weekly. A high level of skill and maturity is required for members of the Main Band. Main Band members must also complete a 10-week Bible study on worship before becoming permanent members of the Main Band. We are in need of more players to fill some rotation spots in our Main Band. If you are interested, you can complete an online application.
The House Band currently plays the last Sunday of each month for the House service held in the main sanctuary. The “House” is a targeted ministry for 20-somethings. This is an auditioned group. A high level of skill and maturity is needed for members of the House Band. We are in need of more House Band players. If you are interested, you can complete an online application.
The Mission Band is our off-site missions and outreach band that occasionally travels. This is an auditioned group that rehearses as needed for special events. A high level of skill and maturity is required for members of the Mission Band. If you are interested, you can complete an online application.
United is our mid-week advanced band for students. United primarily plays for the high school service on Wednesday evenings. This is an auditioned group that rehearses on Wednesday afternoons. If you are in middle-school or high-school and you are interested in playing in United, you can contact Jordan Bailey or Corey Denzik.
Element is our beginner band for middle school and high school students. Element rehearses one Sunday afternoon a month. This is not an auditioned group. Any student who plays a rhythm section instrument can join. This band plays mostly by chord charts and is not suited for horns and woodwinds players. If you are a middle-school or high-school and you are interested in playing in United, you can contact Kyle Lewis or Corey Denzik.