We define our worship choir as “a large group of worshiping singers who support the band and lead vocalists; they encourage participation through their skilled singing and enthusiastic presence; they do not sing on every song or in every service.” Our worship choir is non-auditioned and open to anyone ages 13 and up. We primarily sing modern Christian worship songs and modern arrangements of hymns. On occasion we sing anthems and “choir specials” which feature the choir. The Worship Choir sings two Sunday mornings per month during both the 9:30am and 11:00am services.
How to Join: It’s simple to join our Worship Choir!
What Our Worship Ministry Expects of Choir Members?
- To attend on average a minimum of 3 out of 4 rehearsals.
- To sing with the choir in worship services a minimum of 3 out of 4 times that the choir sings.
- To be supportive of our pastor and somehow involved in the life of Valley View church.
- To seek to grow as a worshiper of God and become more like Jesus.
What Choir Members Can Expect from Our Worship Ministry?
- To be prepared and intentional with leading rehearsals so as not waste anyone’s valuable time.
- To lead the choir with enthusiasm and excellence during worship services.
- To support the vision and leadership of our pastor and elders.
- To be godly leaders who care for those involved in our worship ministry and seek the Lord’s direction for our ministry.