Valley View is taking a cautious approach as we reopen to continue to protect those at our church. As we proceed, we want to make sure that we take the appropriate social distancing precautions based on the guidelines from our government, health officials, and local association guidelines.
Phased Reopening Plan
Phase Two Details
In Person Sunday Worship Services Only
- Our first in person services will be May 24, 2020 at both 9 & 11 AM.
- We will pre-register a maximum of 300 people per service. Register as a family here.
- "Touchless Service"
- Everyone enter main entrance
- We have reset our worship center seating to distance family groups 6 feet apart.
- Bathrooms will be limited use only.
- Family groups will need to remain at least 6 feet of distance from other family groups throughout the building.
- Masks will be required. We will have disposable masks for those who need them or you can purchase a VVChurch cloth mask.
- Cleaning will be done before and after the service to best prepare for your safety while attending.
- Life groups will continue using zoom and meeting online through at least the end of July.
- Will continue to meet online. After 21 days, we will launch D-Groups online.
Summer Activities & Camps
- Summer Camps have been cancelled by our camp partners
- Vacation Bible School will be done virtually.
- All normal activities have been cancelled through the end of the summer.
- Office: The office will remain closed through the end of June.
- Recreation: All sports leagues are cancelled through the summer. In August, we will launch
- All rentals are cancelled through the end of July. If you have a current reservation, you will receive a refund shortly. If you have not received a refund by May 31st call Paul at 502-643-9281 to check on the status.
Child Development Center
- At this time, our CDC will remain closed at least through the beginning of school next year.
We are excited to worship together in-person again!
One In-person Worship Service at 11 AM
Thank you for worshiping with us either in-person or online as we navigate this season and transition. As we evaluate the current guidelines and our best worship experience we have decided to resume our normal in-person worship service at 11:00 AM.
Our team is doing an excellent job with physical distancing, wearing masks, cleaning and sanitizing, and going beyond to follow all the recommended health and safety guidelines. We believe we can safely gather for one service, follow the guidelines, and have a great worship experience!
In order to maintain the recommended guidelines, we are limited to 50% capacity. We encourage those in the vulnerable population to stay home at this time. The vulnerable population includes anyone age 65 or over and anyone with compromised health or immune system.
We will also continue our weekly Life Groups, Online Life Group lesson at 9:30 AM each Sunday morning and Wednesday DGroups will be done through Zoom.
We will not have any other on-campus programming, including pre-school and children, students, or adult Life Groups at this time.
What you can expect:
- All staff and volunteers will be wearing masks, have their temperature taken each morning, and be cleared to serve by answering a few health questions by a professional.
- Everyone attending will enter through one entrance, the main entrance facing the large parking lot. We will have staggered entering to keep the proper six-feet spacing between family units.
- While waiting to enter you will need to show your face mask. If you do not have one, a paper mask will be provided for you. You are expected to wear this mask while in the building and lobby. You do not have to keep it on during worship.
- Doors will be propped open or held open for you, including entrance doors to the building and worship center.
- We will only use the worship center bathrooms, which have no doors. These will be used one person at a time. We will have a volunteer outside to ensure safety.
- There will be no bulletin handed out and no offering plate passed (nor will we have a greeting time or pass communion elements). For bulletin related information please see the monthly newsletter or visit the website.
- To give your offering, we will have stations set up around the building for you to drop your offering. You can also give online at any time.
- The rows of chairs in the worship center are spaced six-feet apart from front to back. Each family unit will need to sit 3-4 chairs apart within each row.
- Our Elder team will be available in the worship center to help you stay spaced properly.
- During worship feel free to sing and respond!
- After worship, we will dismiss in sections. This is to ensure six-feet social distancing as we exit the building. Again, please wear your mask while walking through the building and making your exit.
- We will have a temperature station. If you do not feel good you can have your temperature taken at a 5-foot distance. If we feel anyone does not look well we may ask you to have your temperature taken and to answer a few health questions.
- Our team will clean and sanitize before, between, and after services to ensure safety.
Thank you for your faithfulness in worship and for cooperating with these guidelines.