How does Virtual VBS Work?
Each week of vvbs we will make four stops on ROCKY RAILWAY, where JESUS' POWER PULLS US THROUGH! At each station you will watch a video lesson led by our own Valley View leaders. ALL ABOARD the Sing & Play Express !
At Sing & Play Express, each week of VVBS Mr. Chris will introduce us to our weekly Bible Buddy, Bible Point and Bible Verse. As you watch the video, have fun learning, singing and dancing with your kids as we worship, enjoy a fun skit, learn and have lots of high-energy fun! Then let's head to Bible Adventures Station!
At Bible Adventures your family will experience the Bible Story of the Week with all five senses! As you watch the video, participate as a family in the story as Ms. Sharon teaches and brings the Bible story to life for your kids! You will get to guide them in the activities Ms. Sharon has for you Next it's All Aboard for KidVid Cinema!
At KidVid Cinema, your family will join Ms. Kimberlee to watch a video and learn about real kids living out their faith in really cool ways. Then we'll board the train one more time and head to Rocky Wrap-Up with Mr. Chris!
At our final station for the week, we will wrap up with more worship, God Sightings, fun activities and more!
(OPTIONAL) VBS THEME SNACKS
You will need: granola bars and twizzlers
Our snack railroad reminds us we sometimes have to do a hard thing first to put us on track to what’s best—and Jesus can help us. Today’s Bible verse, Philippians 4:13, says, “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” Jesus’ power helps us do hard things!
You will need: bagels cut in half and cream cheese (optional)
Our bagel tunnel isn’t long, but trains can be in dark tunnels for a really long time before the light at the end of the tunnel appears. The light gives hope because it means the train is about to make it through the tunnel. We’ll get through dark or hard times in our lives, too. Today’s special Bible verse, Psalm 31:24 tells us, “So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!” Jesus’ power gives us hope! (Trust Jesus!)
You will need: mini marshmallows, butter, cocoa crispy rice cereal, oreo cookies, black gel food and parchment paper
- 3 cups mini marshmallows (Most marshmallows are allergy-friendly, but check ingredient lists to watch for things like wheat, milk, eggs, and if they may contain traces of peanuts.)
- 11⁄2 tablespoons butter (To make a dairy-free version, simply use a vegan butter such as the options offered by the Earth Balance brand. This brand also offers a tasty vegan soy-free option if you need to stay away from soy.)
- 3 cups cocoa crispy rice cereal (Watch ingredient lists for traces of peanuts or other allergenic foods. At health food stores, it’s possible to find dairy-free versions of cocoa crispy rice cereal, but if you can’t find any, just use plain crispy rice cereal.)
- 11⁄2 cups finely crushed Oreo cookies—roughly 2/3 of a 14.3-ounce package (You can find gluten-free versions of Oreos at stores such as Walmart. Check ingredient lists to be sure. For dairy allergies, look for dairy-free crunchy chocolate cookies or brownie crisps.)
- 2 whole tubes of black gel food coloring (Use whatever amount makes the mixture look truly black.)
- Finely crush the Oreo cookies in a large resealable plastic bag. Measure to make sure you have 11⁄2 cups of crushed cookies.
- Put the marshmallows and butter in a large, microwave-safe mixing bowl, and heat in a microwave for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Stir the melted mixture until smooth, and add food coloring until you achieve a black color.
- Incorporate the cocoa crispy rice cereal and crushed Oreos.
- Let the mixture sit and cool for about five minutes.
- For elementary Crew snacks, scoop out 1⁄4-cup-size portions onto a large piece of parchment paper. For preschool Crew snacks, scoop out 1/8-cup portions.
- Use another smaller piece of parchment paper held in your hands to shape each portion into a lumpy ball to look like coal
- Allow all the pieces to cool on sheets of parchment paper for 20 to 30 min.
Today’s snack looks like coal! Coal is a kind of rock that can be burned to make powerful, bold energy that’ll move things even as huge as trains. Jesus gives us power, too, and Jesus’ power helps us be bold. (Trust Jesus!) The Bible tells us in Isaiah 40:29 that “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.”
You will need: twisted pretzels, frosting pouch
Squeeze a dime-size amount of frosting onto the center of one pretzel. Then lay a second pretzel on top of the other, connecting the pretzels at their centers to make a cross. They look like crosses that remind us of Jesus and our special Bible verse, Romans 8:11, that says, “The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you.” Jesus’ power lets us live
forever! (Trust Jesus!)
You will need: graham crackers, strawberries, blueberries, clementines, and whipped topping
It’s awesome to see us helping each other right now and how our friendships have grown this week. In today’s special Bible verse, John 15:12, Jesus says, “Love each other in the same way I have loved you.” We’ve done that in some cool ways here at Rocky Railway! Jesus’ power helps us be good friends!(Trust Jesus!)