Looking Ahead to 2023
Now that Christmas is over, we’re turning our attention to a new year. What does God have in store for Valley View in 2023? We can’t know the full answer, but here are a few things we either already have planned or are praying for to launch the year:
- BIBLE READING PLAN: last year we focused on reading through the entire Bible together. This year we want to slow down the pace, take in less volume, and allow more time to reflect. As a result, We will be reading through the New Testament, Psalms & Proverbs. You can follow the plan online here, or print out the attachment. Part of our vision for 2022 was to be “Hungry for God’s Word.” We want to keep growing in our hunger for His Word in 2023!
- VISION 2023: Our Vision Casting Banquet is scheduled for the evening of Wednesday, February 1st. This is a special time we share together to seek God’s direction for Valley View for the coming year. More information to come. For now, mark your calendar.
- FELLOWSHIP HALL: We have been raising funds to renovate the fellowship hall since the summer, and it’s exciting that we only have about $45,000 left to raise! My prayer is that we would be gathering again in that space for fellowship and Bible study this spring.
- HOW TO KNOW GOD’S WILL: For the month of January we will be taking a break from studying the book of John order to launch the new year learning how to know God’s will. The series kicks off January 1st looking at Romans 12:1-2 and the “renewed mind.” For three weeks after that we will look at key ideas from an excellent little book about knowing God’s will by Wayne Grudem. You can order a copy here if you’d like to read it while we study the topic.
- D-GROUPS: We have some exciting Wednesday night D-groups on offer for the spring semester including one for women, one for men, one on parenting teens, and one on finances. Learn more about them and sign up here. We also have AWANA for our kids on Wednesday nights, and I love that it focuses on hiding God’s word in their hearts!
Sunday I ended the service by sharing the powerful story of Ron and Nan Deal and their road to healing and recovery after addiction. If you’re looking for something to listen to on a road trip or while you’re at the gym, check it out here (Part 1, 2, & 3).
God has Valley View in an incredible place for 2023. I believe he wants to use Valley View to change the people we touch every week, whether in your neighborhood, at your workplace, at your school, or in your family. Be praying for God to move and give us wisdom as we seek to make a difference for the Kingdom of God in Valley Station, PRP, and all over Southwest Louisville. Invite someone to join you this week!